Anzac Honey Slice Recipe with Mānuka Honey
This lovely warming slice is just what you need as the days begin to get cooler. If you are feeling a little naughty, a drizzle of good quality melted dark chocolate over the cooled slice is a nice addition.
Time: 30 minutes
- 100g butter
- ⅓ cup MVH Mānuka Honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup plain flour
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a small 21 cm slice tin with baking paper.
- In a medium-size saucepan over medium to low heat, melt the butter, honey and brown sugar together. Stirring well to combine.
- Add the baking soda. Stir to combine and the mixture will foam up.
- Fold through the coconut, rolled oats and flour and mix well to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to the slice tin and push down to compress. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and crispy. Set aside to cool.
- To serve, cut into squares and pair with a nice cup of tea.