Honey Berry Banana Loaf – Using our Autumn Gold Honey
A yummy twist on a classic winter warmer.
- 1/3 cup MVH Autumn Gold Honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil or coconut oil (melted)
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- ½ tsp. vanilla paste
- 2 large free range eggs
- P.inch of salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 100gm dark chocolate (70%), roughly chopped
- ¾ cup coconut thread
- ¾ cup ground almonds
- ½ cup gluten free flour
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 170°C and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the oil, honey and vanilla until emulsified.
- Add the eggs and whisk again to combine.
- Stir through the mashed banana then add the baking soda and salt. Stir again.
- Now carefully fold through the chocolate, coconut thread, ground almonds and flour. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the loaf tin and sprinkle over the raspberries, pushing them down beneath the surface so they don’t burn.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until cooked through when a knife is inserted and comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool slightly, slice and serve with butter.
A special thanks to Chelsea at Madame Lu’s Kitchen for collaborating with us on this recipe.