Honey Glazed Ham Recipe with Native Bush Honey
What better way to celebrate the festive season than a Honey Glazed Ham? Crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside. This sweet and savoury dish will go down a treat and is perfect for Christmas dinner!
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup MVH Native Bush Honey
- 1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. pineapple juice
- 2-3kg cooked ham (bone-in)
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C and lightly oil a rack. Place the rack into the roasting dish with 2 cups of water.
- In a medium saucepan over a medium heat, heat the butter, brown sugar, honey, mustard and pineapple juice until it starts to bubble.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool and thicken.
- Remove the skin from the ham by gently sliding your fingers under the skin layer and it should peel away from the fat.
- Score the fat by cutting diagonal lines through it without cutting into the meat. Place a clove into each cross-section of the scores.
- Brush the ham with the glaze then place meat side down on the rack.
- Cook in the ham for an hour, brushing with glaze at 15 minute intervals.